I am beginning to notice a phenomenon that really was not present during the time our parents were our age. During those days women in their late 20’s or early 30’s were either married with 20 or 30 kids, and let their husbands bring in the pesa.
Now things have changed. In America, I have noticed that the number of older single Kenyan women has increased in number. Being the guy that I am, I decided to do some research, on why this is so. Mind you that this is not scientific research. My “research” simply went like this, “Heh Njambi, ati you’re 30 and haujaolewa? Kwani wassup!”
A few slaps later, and after my cheeks has cooled down, she reveals to me the following:
- Kenyan guys are like kids, all they want to do is play around and not commit to a relationship.
- They seem intimidated by my associates degree.
- They think I will not be a good wife coz I can articulate how I really feel.
- I have a good job and they are scared coz I am not financially needy enough.
- My biological clock is ticking and I need to marry a good guy.
So, here is my plea, somebody please enlighten me why this is so. Are we Kenyan guys intimidated by rich single educated Kenyan women?
Click here to find out more about my passion